The consolidation of certifications into one curriculum is the centerpiece of our guide program. Nine of the thirteen certifications that we will offer are nationally recognized programs that are required in the field by most serious adventure and eco- tourism businesses. They also represent an array of skills that any employer will appreciate. Our students will graduate with a big advantage in a job market that is growing ever more competitive. We will enhance these skills with a 21st century skill set, Video and editing, blogging and social networking, grant writing and business planning. As we grow our program, we plan to work with the top universities and outdoor leadership programs so that our students can receive appropriate recognition in terms of college credit.
- Through partnerships with nationally recognized organizations consolidate these adventure guide certifications into one program.
- Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician
- Single pitch guide climbing certification
- SARS (search and rescue) certification
- Technical Ropes Rescue Certification
- Professional Whitewater Guide certification
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician certification
- Wilderness Navigation Certification
- Wildlands Survival Certification
- Ropes Course Technician Certification
- Avalanche Technician Certification
- Master of Leave No Trace Certification
- Universal Tracking Certification
- Four Rivers Institute Diploma.
- Personal growth through simple living.
- Group dynamics skills.
- Community service participation.
- How to guide diverse people in diverse environments.
- How to develop programs that meet the needs of Tribal, low income and under privileged communities.
“…I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities: an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.”
Dr. Kurt Hahn
Founder Outward Bound